Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That’s why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
1. EHS Manager role:
• Support and provide technical guidance/advice to site management and employees regarding:
o Compliance with all applicable national and international EHS regulations and Corporate EHS policies, standards and procedures.
o Protection of company site, employees, assets and reputation against external and internal EHS risks.
• Counsel and support site management in all EHS matters.
• Introduce & coordinate the implementation of Corporate EHS programs and projects on site.
• Report any non-conformance to established rules, standards, best practice procedures on site including serious cases (e.g. significant regulatory non-compliances, situation posing an imminent threat to health & wellbeing of employees).
• Propose corrective actions and follow-up on closure of any reported/observed non-conformance.
• Inform regularly on EHS audits and inspection results and keeping site management up to date on closure of identified gaps.
2. National Site Security Officer (NSSO) Lead on security topics at country level
• Closely work with all local SSO as well as MD, business heads and national authorities and agencies to SSO-related topics
3. Product Crime Officer (PCO)
• Being appointed to lead on product crime related topics on behalf of one or more Merck subsidiaries
• Identify and report product crime related threats and risks
• Work closely with SSOs as well as functional experts to respond to incidents and develop risk mitigation measures to protect the integrity of company’s products and supply chain within their jurisdiction
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor of Science (or equal) in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Engineering is preferred. A bachelor’s degree in biological science or Chemistry or other science related degree which included chemistry along with additional technical training in many of the essential job function elements may be an acceptable alternative.
- Have a registered workplace safety and health officer and Certificated for Management of Hazardous Substance Course.
- Have at least 5+ years of experience in EHS, PCO or SSO roles. Pharmaceutical environment is preferred.
- Profound knowledge of the respective country and/or appointed geographical area and the divisions business activities; working knowledge of relevant security and product related topics and applicable legal aspects; the ability to utilize structured approaches to manage investigations and analyse complex information; experience in project-management.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of spoken and written English;
- Proven ability to work cross functionally within all levels of the company;
- Proven abilities in diplomacy and should be able to communicate efficiently during any incidents;
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Keen learner and able to adapt into a fast-paced environment
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!